Eco-friendly Gift Guide for Loved Ones & the Planet
This holiday season, can we delight our loved ones while also taking action to restore this beautiful planet of ours that gives us sustenance and life?
As the climate crisis ramps us, this guide explores ways we can make a positive impact to end the global climate crisis, #SaveOurOcean, eliminate plastic, reduce the Pacific Garbage Patch(es!), and stop petrochemical companies seeking to expand plastic production in BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color) communities.
Hope you find it inspiring and hopeful!
- Bamboo Toothbrushes – Ecocassion
- Tooth Powder – Mountain Rose Herbs
- Shampoo Bars – Earthlink Company
- Shampoo Bars – Trader Joe’s
- Silicone Food Covers – Walmart
- Bamboo Menstrual Pads – Etsy
- Cloth Gift Bags – Roots Canada
- Fabric Gift Wrap – Etsy
- 30 Ways to Eliminate Plastic from your Life
- 10 Ways to Reduce Plastic Pollution
- Zero Waste Store
Gift for the Oceans
- Ocean Conservancy
- Sustainable Fisheries Partnership
- Oceana, Inc.
- The Ocean Cleanup
- Rise St. James: Fighting the Petrochemical Industry in Louisiana
- Refilling Stations for Household and Personal Products
Joyful Climate Actions:
- Watch: Stephanie, Joy of Oceans
- Watch: Galaxy x BTS: Galaxy for the Planet
- Watch: Amy’s Story – The Joy of Upcycling
- Read: What Is Upcycling – And How Does It Benefit the Planet?
- Listen: Art as Climate Activism podcast
- Watch and Follow: Fafafoom Studio: Repurposing Textile Waste
Want to Read More?
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- The Plastics Pipeline
- Big Oil’s Plan B
- A New Plastics Complex in “Cancer Alley” Louisiana
- Appalachia’s Cancer Alley